Welcome to BEST Nursery.
BEST Nursery is located in the thriving NSW Northern Tablelands town of Inverell. The nursery was opened in February 2010 as a commercial horticultural enterprise, offering sales to public through our retail section, commercial production and training centre.
BEST Nursery is owned and operated by BEST Employment Ltd, a not for profit community based organisation.
What we do:
- Modern Garden Centre selling a large variety of native and ornamental trees and shrubs, fruit trees, flower and vegetable seedlings, mulches, potting mix, pots and garden ornaments
- Production Nursery with capacity to grow three million seedlings per annum
- Propagation of native trees, shrubs, grasses along with vegetable seedlings
- Contracted tree planting
- Environmental, conservation land management and gardening workshops
- Projects in conjunction with Local Land Services, GWYMAC Landcare, UGLA Landcare and Local Government
- Accredited Horticulture, Conservation Land Management and Rural Operations training
- Active learning horticulture activities for students with disabilities
- BEST Food Garden – a philanthropic project providing people with disabilities a safe garden to grow vegetables which are then delivered at no charge to impoverished and disadvantaged community members.
BEST Food Garden
The BEST Food Garden is sa safe sapce for people with disability and long-term unemployment jobseekers to learn new skills and participate in meaningful activities.
Through our food garden we strive to promote community collaboration to build a stronger more resilient ad socially inclusive community.
Vegetables are propagated, harvested and delivered free-of-charge to impoverished and elderly people throughout the Inverell and the surrounding communities. Produce includes fresh eggs, fruit and vegetables.
The BEST Food Garden commenced in November 2012 in the hope of engaging the Inverell community. Our garden now produces food for well over 100 people, within Inverell, Glen Innes, Moree and Tingha every week.
BEST Employment Ltd. is a not for profit Company established in 1998. The Company delivers a comprehensive range of services throughout the North West/New England regions of NSW and Granite Belt area of Southern QLD.
With its Head Office based in Inverell, NSW, BEST’s Vision is to “to see our community (particularly those most disadvantaged) independent and free from disadvantage." BEST’s services, projects and enterprises are established on the basis of achieving this vision.
BEST purchased the nursery facility in 2009. Following an extensive refurbishment it now boasts a state of the art, environmentally friendly facility that provides the region with propagation, contract planting, environmental, community benefit, training and retail services.
Contracted Employment Services
Indigenous Community Links
Parent and Community Engagement project
Productive Ageing through Community Education program
Low Income Energy Efficiency Program
Low cost housing
BEST in the Community philanthropic activities and projects
Community Group governance advisory, support and auspicing services.