Welcome to BEST Nursery.
BEST Nursery is located in the thriving NSW Northern Tablelands town of Inverell. The nursery was opened in February 2010 as a commercial horticultural enterprise, offering sales to public through our retail section, commercial production and training centre.
BEST Nursery is owned and operated by BEST Employment Ltd, a not for profit community based organisation.
BEST Nursery are accredited under ISO:9001:2008, AGCAS (retail) and NIASA (production) nursery standards.
BEST Employment Ltd. is a not for profit Company established in 1998. The Company delivers a comprehensive range of services throughout the North West/New England regions of NSW and Granite Belt area of Southern QLD.
With its Head Office based in Inverell, NSW, BEST’s Vision is to “to see our community (particularly those most disadvantaged) independent and free from disadvantage." BEST’s services, projects and enterprises are established on the basis of achieving this vision.
BEST purchased the nursery facility in 2009. Following an extensive refurbishment it now boasts a state of the art, environmentally friendly facility that provides the region with propagation, contract planting, environmental, community benefit, training and retail services.
- Modern Garden Centre selling a large variety of native and ornamental trees and shrubs, fruit trees, flower and vegetable seedlings, mulches, potting mix, pots and garden ornaments
- Production Nursery with capacity to grow three million seedlings per annum
- Propagation of native trees, shrubs, grasses along with vegetable seedlings
- Contracted tree planting
- Environmental, conservation land management and gardening workshops
- Projects in conjunction with Local Land Services, GWYMAC Landcare, UGLA Landcare and Local Government
- Accredited Horticulture, Conservation Land Management and Rural Operations training
- Active learning horticulture activities for students with disabilities
- BEST Food Garden – a philanthropic project providing people with disabilities a safe garden to grow vegetables which are then delivered at no charge to impoverished and disadvantaged community members.
Contracted Employment Services
- Disability Employment Services.
- Indigenous Community Links
- Youth Opportunities
- Parent and Community Engagement project
- Productive Ageing through Community Education program
- Low Income Energy Efficiency Program
- Low cost housing
- BEST in the Community philanthropic activities and projects
- Community Group governance advisory, support and auspicing services.